Friday, January 15, 2016

What a Week


I will add my small voice to the thousands of others paying tribute to Alan Rickman this week.


He was an actor of profound talent, who inspired millions with his performances and will be sorely missed.


Among his many other fine performances, I have particularly cherished him as the sexy and flawed Harry in Love Actually,  as one of Jane Austen's most appealing leading men, Colonel Brandon, in Sense and Sensibilty,   as the deliciously evil Sherif of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and  of course,  as a magnificent and heart-rending Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films. But I realize that I have barely scratched the surface of his great catalog of performances.  Up next for me will be A Little Chaos, his recent directorial effort that by many accounts was underrated and excellent,  Close My Eyes, from 1991, which looks to be a squeemishingly interesting tale of incest,  Truly Madly Deeply, a romantic fantasy that seems perfect for me and which I am not quite sure how I missed seeing before! and probably Galaxy Quest, haha - which I haven't seen in years and have a feeling I'll enjoy a lot right now.

I am grateful for the talent this man graced our earth with, for a short time.


No comments:

Post a Comment